Saturday, June 6, 2015

Two Small Announcements and One Really Big Announcement

So I've totally fallen off the face of the earth the past few months. I figured it was worth sharing why.

First small announcement - I have not forgotten about this blog. I have not forgotten how to cook or bake (though sometimes I feel a little rusty). I do plan on getting back into the swing of things as soon as possible, but it's all related to the second small announcement.

Second small announcement - Half the reason I haven't posted or even cooked much is because most of my gadgets and kitchen paraphernalia is packed in boxes. Because we moved (!) to North Carolina (!!) in April (!!!). While I have a decent kitchen in our rental, I have about half the counter space and, as I just mentioned, a lot of my stuff isn't even unpacked.

Plus, you know, increasingly mobile baby.

The Really Big Announcement, though, is probably the main reason I haven't done much with this blog.

Ready?

*ahem*

I'm going to be a published author.

What's that you say?

I'M GOING TO BE A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!

*happy dances and squees*

Of course, that comes with a lot of prep work and editing and stuff that takes up a lot of extra time, which (increasingly mobile baby who also sometimes doesn't like to nap still) I don't have much of.

You can catch the details and updates as I get them over on my author blog, J. Lynn Rowan: Acts of Literature.

The fun part for readers of "Teacher, Baker, Gourmet Meal Maker" is that the first book in my chick lit series (yeah, you read that right) is baking related. So I'm planning to do some cross-posting of featured recipes when the time comes.

In the meantime, keep cooking and baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment