Monday, January 2, 2012

Cupcake of the Month

In my family, we have a little Christmas gift tradition.  In some families, everyone gets a new pair of pajamas. Some families fill stockings with fruits and nuts.

In my family, we all get a new wall calendar.

When my mom first started giving us wall calendars for our bedrooms, we had to give her ideas for what we'd like.  In the past I've had several "Gone With The Wind" calendars, a calendar for each of the "Lord of the Rings" movies, calendars with flowers, beautiful locations in Italy, and so on.

This year, I got the 2012 Martha Stewart Cupcakes calendar.

I'm beyond excited.  Aside from the beautiful food photography and monthly baking tips, the calendar came with recipe cards for all twelve cupcakes featured.

I'm inspired!

So I'm announcing my next baking series.  I will bake my way through my wall calendar, making each of the featured cupcakes in turn.  I'm hoping to make the cupcakes mid-month, sometime between the 15th and 17th.  It will be a fun challenge.  Some of the cupcakes are pretty simple, but there are a few that are rather labor intensive.  Fortunately one of the more difficult recipes doesn't fall until October or November, so I have a while to work on my techniques.

Let the baking begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment