Friday, June 21, 2013

Mango Lassi

Holy smokes, it's almost the end of June already, isn't it?  Well, as usually happens, I've fallen a bit off the "maintain real life and also your interwebz presence" during these last couple weeks of school. But I do have a very easy recipe to share on this first day of summer - and my first official day of summer vacation!


I first tasted mango lassi when the hubs and I were on vacation over April break. We went to an Indian restaurant in Flagstaff, and I thought this would be an interesting drink to try. Absolutely awesome. After some searching, I found a recipe that, turns out, tastes almost exactly like the one I had in Arizona. There's probably some secret ingredient the folks in Flagstaff included, but this was darn close!


Start by cutting up two ripe mangoes, almost two cups of fruit. Plop it into a blender.


Add about a 1/4 cup of honey. I think I was a little short, but my mangoes were super sweet to begin with.


Now add 1/2 cup of milk...


And a cup of plain yogurt.


Blend!


You can serve the mango lassi right away, but it's better if it's had time to chill in the freezer, about thirty minutes. It just makes it thicken a bit, so it's sort of like a milkshake. I poured mine into a couple hefty beer mugs before chilling.


You can kinda see the difference in thickness.



Very refreshing on a warm summer day!

1 comment: