Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cookies & Cream Mini Cheesecakes (Cupcake of the Month #14)

It's been a really long time since I've shared a Cupcake of the Month. There was a molten chocolate concoction I attempted in June, but it needs a little perfecting before I post about it.

The September 2013 cupcake however, needs no perfecting. Just repetition because it's awesome.


It's a cookies and cream mini cheesecake, with an Oreo cookie as the crust!



I've had bad luck with sinking cheesecake cupcakes in the past, but not so with these babies. I think the use of the cookies sort of helped keep them from sinking. These are a Martha Steward recipe, but try as I might, I can't seem to find a link to the original recipe right now. While it says you can get 30 cupcakes out of this, I made 24 regular sized and still had enough batter for 24 minis.

Anyway, here's how I made them!


Start by lining your cupcake pan with paper liners. I had some really pretty ones a coworker gave me for my birthday this year.  Then put a whole Oreo in each cup.




Next, put 12 Oreos in a gallon zipper bag and smash them.



In a large mixing bowl, beat four (yes four) packages of cream cheese until smooth and light. Then add a cup of sugar and beat until light.




Next add a teaspoon of vanilla and four eggs.



Finally, add a pinch of salt and a cup of sour cream. I actually substituted plain Greek yogurt.



Once everything is mixed together and smooth, dump in the crushed cookies and fold in with a rubber spatula.




Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake cups. My big OXO cookie scoop is the perfect size.



Bake them at 275 degrees for 22-25 minutes, until firm. Let them cool completely in the tins. The directions also say to refrigerate them in the tins, but I don't think that's necessary. But they should be refrigerated for at least 4 hours before serving.




I also dressed up a few, since they were for my aunt's birthday.


Remember I said I had enough leftover for 24 minis? They took about 18-20 minutes to bake.


Everyone loved these!


No comments:

Post a Comment