Here's an easy dish with lots of flavor that combines the tastes of fresh zucchini, summer squash, and tomatoes. You can grill the chicken instead of cooking it in a skillet if you like.
Sauteed Chicken with Zucchini & Summer Squash
- 3-4 thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced thin
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- Paprika, salt, and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp chili oil (optional)
Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with paprika, salt, and pepper. Heat oils in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, then saute chicken until cooked through, turning once. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Saute sliced zucchini and summer squash, sprinkling lightly with salt and pepper if desired, until almost crisp-tender. Add diced tomatoes and cook a few minutes more, until zucchini and squash have reached desired tenderness and the tomatoes have released their juices.
Slice the chicken breasts and return to the skillet. Toss to combine before serving, or leave the chicken arranged on top to serve from the skillet.