Friday, February 24, 2012

Clipix to Get Organized

If there's one thing i have always struggled with just a little bit, it's organization.  It's true for my desk at work, my pantry, my bedroom closet.... You get the idea.  Organization isn't necessarily my strong suit.  And it definitely applies to things online - ideas, recipes, or just cool things I find that I want to look more into later.

Well, with clipix I can organize my online searches just as easily as I strive to someday organize my pantry. And closet.  And desk.  How so?  

It's actually kind of neat.  You drag a "Clip" button to your bookmarks bar on your web browser, and on their site you create "clipboards" where you can organize links to articles you read, things you want to buy, or in my case, recipes that look interesting:

I've also got a clipboard for kitchen gadgets and cookware I would love to have, as well as one for books I'd like to read, gift ideas, vacation ideas, and general interest (like articles I might want to get back to reading at a later date).

And yes, I have a clipboard for shoes.

I have a little "shoe problem."  It's almost as strong as my "baking gear" problem.

But I digress.  This may not be the site for everyone when it comes to organization, but when you live as much of your life and search for as much information on the web as I do, it really does seem helpful.  And there are lots of other ways you can organize and use Clipix.  Going along with the recipes, you can plan meals for a week (which, by the way, is one of my New Year's resolutions that has gone a bit by the wayside the past month or so).  There is also a "syncboard" feature where family members and friends can share ideas.  Hey, I can even organize my recipes - desserts, side dishes, main courses, snacks, appetizers, the list goes on.

You don't have to be tied to your computer for it to work, either.  If you've got an iPhone, "there's an app for that."  You can even take pictures to add to your clipboards.  I don't have an iPhone, but I can certainly see how handy the Clipix app could be.

By the way.... It's free!  

I'm all about free.

It really only takes a few minutes to get started at Clipix.  In fact, you can even create your account with your Facebook or Twitter account info, which makes the whole process take about thirty seconds.

Free and thirty seconds to sign up?  Another second to add the "Clip" button to your browser?

The reason I've probably shied away from organizational strategies in the past is because of the time it takes.  But organization is important when you lead a busy life, and this site gives me no excuses.  Free, fast and easy.

At least when it comes to organizing recipes and wish lists.  So while it's not going to do a thing for the physical state of my pantry, it's a start.

Promoted Post
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment