Friday, April 13, 2012

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth...

It's been a really busy few weeks.

First of all, I took a fantastic spring break road trip to Georgia with my husband last week.  The weather was wonderful, I ate some of the most delicious and interesting foods ever, stayed in a reportedly haunted inn in Savannah (though we had no unexplained visitors), visited with friends, and overdosed a little, at least on my husband's part, on historical geek-ery.  I will not regale you with my impressions of the delightful historic Savannah houses we toured, or the trek up Kennesaw Mountain - though according to my FitBit I climbed the equivalent of 99 flights of stairs.

Secondly, this week I had to do report cards and parent teacher conferences.  It isn't the sort of week particularly blessed with free time.

Needless to say, I haven't done much cooking the past three weeks or so.  However, I do have several recipes waiting in the wings, and you can look forward to the April cupcake of the month as well.

Keep an eye out for some "food reviews" from our vacation, and I may also be embarking soon on a "pecan pie experiment."

Yummy things are coming soon around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment